Please see below for organizations and advocacy groups who are focused on providing information about end-of-life care:
- Hospice Foundation of America (HFA)
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO)
- The National Association for Home Care & Hospice (NAHC)
- Growth House, Inc. A non-profit organization working with grief, bereavement, hospice, and end-of-life issues.
- Cancer Family Care: Cancer Family Care provides counseling and understanding to cancer patients and their families to help them cope with the devastating emotional impact of disease and loss serving the residents of Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
- American Alliance of Cancer Pain Initiatives: The American Alliance of Cancer Pain Initiatives is dedicated to promoting cancer pain relief nationwide by supporting the efforts of State Cancer Pain Initiatives. Cancer Pain Initiatives are voluntary, grassroots organizations composed of nurses, physicians, pharmacists, social workers, psychologists, and representatives of clergy, higher education, and government. Initiatives and their participants provide education and advocacy to healthcare providers, cancer patients and their families.
The Healthcare Chaplaincy
: The HealthCare Chaplaincy is a multifaith community of professionals committed to the advancement of pastoral care, education and research. We are dedicated to the spiritual care of all persons who are suffering in body, mind and spirit.
: Supports families and their aging loved ones during a highly stressful time as they search for information, resources and providers of senior care. We provide families with a wide range of support and credible information.
: CancerSource.com mission is to provide comprehensive, accurate, and personalized source of information and services and to serve the needs of their members, both cancer patients and those who care for them, and healthcare professionals, by providing free, personalized access to a full range of cancer resources.
American Brain Tumor Association
: The American Brain Tumor Association exists to eliminate brain tumors through research and to meet the needs of brain tumor patients and their families.
:The Eldercare Locator is a free public service that connects older people and their families to valuable information on services and resources for senior citizens anywhere in the nation. The Eldercare Locator is a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging administered by the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging.
: CancerResources is an on-line guide to cancer-related information, services and organizations. This is an insider’s guide developed by survivors, caregivers, professionals and volunteers who have all had our lives touched by cancer.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
: he Lymphoma Society is a voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services.